NEW! Portfolio Organizer Sewing Pattern

Monday, April 20, 2015


After many requests, I’ve finally created a pattern for one of my favorite designs; the portfolio organizer! Adding it to my growing lists of available patterns, it’s been one of the most popular items in my shop and has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, The Small Things Blog, and Simple Living Media. While I created this organizer to be used with notepads, my customers have found new and exciting ways to use them. From simply storing their to-do lists and stationery to keeping Kindles and Mini iPads tucked away. 

Finished designs measure about 6” x 9.25” closed with approximate pocket size of 5.25” x 8.5” (a 5” x 8” journal fits perfectly!)

Available as an instant download with the BEGINNING sewer in mind. Includes:

• 10 printable pages with clear photos and precise, step by step instructions
• my own tips and tricks for creating a high quality finished clutch
• resources and links 
• ideas for creating different versions and other projects. 


Materials needed:
•Canvas/ Duck Cloth: 2 pieces 10” x 13” 
•Cotton Print Fabric: 6” x 13” AND 10” x6” 
•Muslin or Solid Cotton: 6” x 13” 
•¼” width Elastic: 10.5” in length
•Fusible Interfacing: 2 pieces 10” x 13” each
•thread & sewing needle appropriate for fabrics and multiple layers*

NOTE: this sewing pattern and FINISHED item is intended for personal use & not for resale as a sewing tutorial in print or other format. 


Like these organizers but would rather purchase one instead? Sure! You can see them in my shop too!